Re: Mime format

2001-03-20 08:50:02
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:58:48 +0100, lionel_gauliardon(_at_)arkoon(_dot_)net
said:
     Is the file (which is indicated with Name, Site parameters) present in
the
mail ? Who executed ftp command, is man who send the mail or man who received
it
?

It is a set of parameters created by the *sender* of the mail, that tell the
*recipient* "here - run FTP like *THIS* to get the file".

We probably would have just put a URL like
ftp://ftp-server.whatever.dom/some/path
instead, but that section of MIME was done in the early 90's and pre-dates
URLs.

     When and how this command can be used ? I don't know how I can used this
one with my mail server.

It's not handled by your mail server.  It's handled by your mail *CLIENT*
(the program actually displaying the mail on your monitor).

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst