Re: Deja Vu

2001-03-28 20:10:02

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Matt Holdrege wrote:

Let's see, the price is right, the convention center has plenty of room,
there are loads of hotel rooms nearby. Hmm. Sounds great!

So Ole, Cisco will be hosting an IETF there when?

That depends entirely on what is meant by "hosting." Events like this
certainly needs a crew on the ground, a certain number of sponsors of
connectivity, equipment and the like, but we did not have much trouble
getting any of that for APRICOT, and we had a pretty decent terminal
room even by IETF standards. We even had wireless.

We also had a couple of truly unforgetable social events, sponsored by
Telecom Malaysia and by the people who run the Multimedia Supercorridor.

Geek bonuses: KL has the tallest building in the world, lots of cheap and
spicy food, and if you need a copy of Windows, it's about $3.50 from the
local "dealers". (Only until you get home and purchase the official
version of course ;-)

OK, so my body was not designed for tropical weather, but you can't have
everything and the A/C works well in most places.

Dave Crocker can sell this city better than me.

Ole