Re: connecting RFC April Fool dots

2001-03-31 06:50:02

This should be fertile ground for topics for PhD students.
We still have PhD students, yes?

yes, but no faculty to advise them - see below

of course, if we fixed the multicast and the mbone (or used
akamai/inktomi/idigital island, foobarbaz.com) we'd be able to
leverage the internet to advise 75 phds simulataneously

but first we have to fix the bandwidth and multicast and may be that
is the phd that is really needed

We're entering a recession, right? Ostermann was wrong, right?
http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm98/Ostermann/slide2.html

he was right... but the axes need some adjustment

We _do_ need standards in this area.

"i have my standards - of course, for a big enough fee, i will happily change
them" to paraphrase groucho...

j.