Re: bandwidth and other support required for multicast

2001-04-01 10:30:03
Multicast is now used for broadcasts and is not used for two-way
interactivity.  THAT particular function proved to be very difficult
to provide and not used very often.

given the increased diversity of IETF and the increasing costs also,
it might be interesting to see if remote participation could be provided
by other means.  for instance, via email or im (either text or voice).

naturally this would require someone sitting in a meeting watching
a laptop for questions from the outside.  I wonder if we could get
enough volunteers to allow this to work?

From your comments, I think the major failing is #3 below.  I just
re-wrote the requirements for what IETF hosts need to provide.  I'll
re-write the requirements for viewing content and have it ready for
the next IETF.

thanks!

Keith