New idea in TCP

2001-04-01 23:50:03
Hi, all:
  I'm a newbie from P.R.China and I do some load balance stuffs. I noticed
that HTTP Protocol has a redirection mechanism to lead user to another web
site. Why TCP Protocol don't use this redirection mechanism to implement
load balancing? In my opinion, the process would be like:
                   SYN
User           ------------>       Load Balancer

                Redirection
Load Balancer  ------------>       User
               Best Server's IP

                   SYN
User          ------------->       Best Server

                   SYN
Best Server   ------------->       User
            ACK

                   ACK
User         -------------->       Best Server

The "Best Server" is one of the load server that be choiced by the Load
Balancer

To implement this, TCP Protocol should add one "redirect" bits. Data with a
redirection control bit we called it a redirection data, the redirection IP
address packed in the "Options" section of the TCP Header. For the TCP data
bring us the port number, so we can also dispatch the job according to the
port. I think load balancing can be resolved by the Operation System in this
way.
Is this a nonsense or a good idea? Please give me a advice. Thanks for your
attention!