Re: allowable questions (was Re www...)

2001-04-08 20:50:02
On Sun, 08 Apr 2001 22:17:02 EDT, John Day said:
I do not know about other countries, but I do know that the US
government has taken action against companies for announcing products
and then deciding later to not offer those products.  Hence, most
people do not talk about possible future product offerings until they
are duly approved and ready to be offered to customers.

However, I suspect that RamBus is about to find out that failing to
disclose pending patents may be a bad idea:

http://www.ebnews.com/digest/story/OEG20010406S0061

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech