Caching/Prefetching

2001-04-10 05:50:02
Hi there,

I am currently investigating some questions in the area of caching,
or more accurately pre-fetching of objects (e.g. html, images,
applications). At the moment I am making some experiments with
a forecasting proxy based on path profiling and markov chains.
As I feel I should consider "real-world" limitations and
existing protocols very early, I try to find out the current status of this
topic within the IETF.

ICP (RFC 2186) and HTCP (RFC 2756) are about caching.
I couldn't find any active working group investigating
prefetching and its mechanisms an the IETF website.

If anybody is interested in this topic or would share some
experience and knowledge I would be very happy.

Best regards,

Michael

--
Dipl.-Ing. Michael Angermann