Re: Last Call: MIME Security with OpenPGP to Proposed Standard

2001-04-30 06:10:02
Alan Barrett wrote:

Similar behaviour is visible today in other mailing lists, but
apparently not the ietf list.

I can confirm having seen such headers just last week.  My wife sent me email
at work; our home server's sendmail autoconverted from 8bit to
quoted-printable; my laptop pulled it down by fetchmail, and then the local
sendmail autoconverted back to 8bit.  Presumably, it happened because the SMTP
server at work (InterMail, I think it is) didn't advertise 8bit support.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|