Re: spamming of IETF WG lists by IEEE conferences

2001-06-01 09:30:02

Keith Moore wrote:

I don't suppose IETF could formally object to IEEE for the latter's
spamming of certain IETF WG mailing lists?   A couple of the lists
that I maintain have been repeatedly spammed by IEEE conference
announcements.  The response to my complaints has generally been that
the guy who did the spamming got the list from higher-ups at IEEE,
so he's not responsible...

It might be worth considering whether that's accurate information
before bothering. Having coordinated publicity for IEEE and ACM,
neither organization provides email lists. The ultimate
responsibility lies with the publicity chair and general chair
of the particular conference, or block mail from recurrent
offenders.

Joe