VHS vs. BETAMAX....Re: "end-to-end" is important....Re: OPES is evil incarnate

2001-06-20 09:30:02
NTSC vs. PAL
VHS vs. BETAMAX
IPv8 vs. IPv6

What happens when a group of BETAMAX advocates arrive at a meeting
and discover that the host of the meeting supplies them with a VHS player ?

----------------------------------
as a temporary measure I have configured tunnel to IIJ Palo Alto device.
the IPv6 prefix for the meeting room is 3ffe:507:1ff::/64.

it would be, of course, better to have ipv6 prefix from microsoft
research :-)

 today we've got a router operated by MS research guys, using 6to4.
 so my router have went away.
 2002:836b:2505:5::/64
----------------------------------

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
2002:<IPv4>:0000:<IPv8> vs. 3FFE:<IPv6>

...more TLDs....more address spaces.....more freedom...
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp

ngtrans(_at_)sunroof(_dot_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: IPv6 @ interim meeting

as a temporary measure I have configured tunnel to IIJ Palo Alto device.
the IPv6 prefix for the meeting room is 3ffe:507:1ff::/64.

it would be, of course, better to have ipv6 prefix from microsoft
research :-)

 today we've got a router operated by MS research guys, using 6to4.
 so my router have went away.
 2002:836b:2505:5::/64

itojun
Direct all administrative requests to
majordomo(_at_)sunroof(_dot_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com