Re: WG Review: Open Pluggable Edge Services (opes)

2001-06-20 11:30:03
On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:18:32 EDT, Keith Moore said:

but this isn't what's controversial about OPES.  what's controversial is the
notion
that the transformations enabled by OPES might also occur in the interior of
the
network, without being explicitly authorized by either the source or the
destination.

Amen.

A lot of things that OPES wants to do, I might want to use as a content
provider,
or as a content consumer.  It's that man-in-the-middle thing that bothers me.

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst