RE: WG Review: Open Pluggable Edge Services (opes)

2001-06-21 07:10:03
I apologize for asking, but...

I have been reading the ietf-opes.org pages again and I still can't get
a good hold on what OPES is trying to accomplish. There are a lot of
drafts listed on the site that discuss several scenarios like content
peering, edge caching, etc., and while that's all nice and everything,
someone please tell me why OPES is trying to lump all of this stuff
together.

Would an OPES-proponent please illustrate the advantage of OPES with 1
or 2 example services that are not already in existence today (meaning
not edge caching and not distributed content servers) that would
benefit end users?

-Kevin