Re: "I am a strong believer in the democratic process."

2001-06-23 10:20:02
On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 12:04:54PM -0400, Scott Brim wrote:
On 23 Jun 2001 at 11:35 -0400, Mike O'Dell apparently wrote:
"We don't believe in kings, presidents, or voting.
 We believe in rough consensus and running code."
                    -Dave Clark, Internet Architect

Despite the t-shirts and all, I continue to believe I heard him say
"working" code.

I was there as well, while memory does get foggy over time, I'm pretty
sure I heard him say "running code", since I'm pretty sure that it was
in that same speech when Dave Clark made the joke that while sometimes
it seems like we believe in "running consensus and rough code", on the
whole the system works pretty well.

But of course, memory could be playing tricks on us all.

                                                - Ted