Re: IETF Nominee for ICANN Protocol Supporting Organization selection

2001-07-11 07:40:03

--On Wednesday, 11 July, 2001 09:59 +0700 "Rahmat M.
Samik-Ibrahim" <rms46(_at_)vlsm(_dot_)org> wrote:

Hello:

I believe that this is the way to go, although
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-poisson-pso-appo
intments-00.txt suggests a different way.

Of course it does.   Please read the second paragraph of the
announcement which you kindly repeated (and which is enclosed
below for convenience): the IAB made a proposal, Poisson did not
converge on consensus about it and others who were consulted
didn't reach consensus either.  So the alternatives were for the
IAB to make a decision or for us to forfeit our right to make a
nomination of this sort.   The IAB chose the former, and
nominated the incumbent, who is widely respected, experienced in
Internet issues, and widely perceived of as doing a good job.

In terms of our long-term strategy for filling this type of
position, we assume that discussion, in Poisson and, as
appropriate, elsewhere, will continue.

Did you have a question here?

    john

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB names Vint Cerf as its proposed
candidate to the Protocol Council and strongly supports his
re-election to the ICANN Board of Directors.

Although the IAB has put forward a proposal for a NomCom-based
process to select proposed ICANN Board candidates to the
POISSON working group, discussion has not reached consensus
(with input from POISSON, current and past NomCom chairs) and
it is time to act for this year's PSO appointment to the ICANN
Board.