Re: IPv6 and IPsec

2001-07-11 08:40:02
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:06:53 EDT, "Zeber, Steve"
<Steve(_dot_)Zeber(_at_)DREO(_dot_)DND(_dot_)CA>  said:
I am looking for either commercial products or open source software that
currently implement support for IPv6 and IPsec.  A preliminary search seems
to indicate that there are a lot of IPv6 implementations and a lot of IPsec
but not very much with IPv6 AND IPsec (for IPv6) together.  The only
implementations I have been able to find are a FreeS/WAN implementation from
IABG in Germany and a  (fairly expensive) COTS product by 6Wind.  I would
appreciate confirmation of my findings or information to the contrary.

IBM's AIX 4.3.3 has supported both AH and ESP for IPv6 for quite some
time now (at least since Nov 99 - not sure if 4.3.2 supported it in
Nov 98)

/Valdis (who just admins the stuff)