TCP linger time

2001-09-03 00:10:02
Hi,

I am facing a wierd problem.

I have impemented a 'client-server' which is a
loadable kernel module in Linux (version 2.4.2)

Now after getting the desired data immediately i close
the connection and also set the socket option
SO_LINGER to {1,0} i.e. ON_OFF = 1 & lingertime = 0

The problem is, even if i close the connection in
which linger time is zero, it doesnt return
immediately but waits for abt 3 min.
( and not 2*MSL)

I used to send another request the very next minute
after closing the first connection and it used to say
"Broken Pipe"...this way tracked the problem.

How can I solve my problem ? Is there any way to help
the connection not linger even for 1 nanosecond ?

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Aneuya