Re: Last Call: Using SOAP in BEEP to Proposed Standard

2001-09-12 09:20:03
Dave,

No need to apologise. We were all on edge yesterday. But you didn't respond
to my comment that this issue *is* relevant to the Last Call precisely because
there was no discussion whether the work should have been chartered in the
first
place, if it had been a WG submission.

Of the layerings I mentioned, SOAP over HTTP is of course deployed and SOAP
over HTTPR is documented and is very likely to pop up in the IETF.
So we do already have 3 solutions and this does merit some discussion.

   Brian

Dave Crocker wrote:

Brian,

So, we continue to have all the criticisms of this proposal focus on
everything except the technical details of this proposal.  How constructive.

I apologize for the closing outburst.  I hit send too quickly and did not
proofread my note carefully enough.  Being frustrated is not an excuse for
being rude.

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464