Re: Last Call: Using SOAP in BEEP to Proposed Standard

2001-09-13 00:20:03
At 08:35 AM 9/12/2001, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
But you didn't respond to my comment that this issue *is* relevant to the Last Call precisely because there was no discussion whether the work should have been chartered in the first place, if it had been a WG submission.

While we are at it, we need to review the decision to permit specification of IP over more than one medium.

It is architecturally the same issue.

d/

ps. Your previous comment about IETF tendency to restrict options neglected to note that that is WITHIN a particular protocol. The IETF has NOT had a track record of restricting convergence choices.

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464