Re: Oracle and ID privacy

2001-09-25 13:50:03
This is a valid point, and may be here  is a critic to ICANN to
complement what you say.

It has always amazed me that anybody can get a domain name without proof
of ID or without proof that the domain name fit the people.

I think
.com should be reserved to International companies, that have an office
in more than one country.
.org should be reserved to international non profit organisation
.int is serious they want to see an international law text
.us is never used because people go for .com for individuals that will
never do business outside their town.

What about the future .info .name .aero, it seems to me that ANYBODY can
get a domain name too. This is a real pity.

The only check done now is by the IPO which check trademarks. Is that
enough?

May be the ISTF should make an informational RFC to stipulate the use of
domain names?

Cheers.
Franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org