Re: Favored Base32 Alphabet?

2001-10-03 14:00:02
Thanks, Graham, for the pointer to yet a third possible alphabet.
I think there may even be a fourth mentioned somewhere.

Alexey Melnikov writes:
Gordon Mohr wrote:
Any chance that the Josefsson I-D will become an RFC of
any sort?

There is a good chance that it will become RFC as a document of SASL Working
Group.

(FYI, I can't find the SASL group at the IETF working-groups lists.)

I would be really, REALLY interested in helping to make the
Josefsson I-D the officially-sanctioned definition of "Base32",
so that there will be no ambiguity in any future standards work/
applications.

What's the best IETF venue for (and shortest path to) such a
goal?

- Gordon