ABOUT: PPPoE

2001-10-04 18:50:03
hi erveyone,

    we provide users with board-band-access to the Internet throught PPPoE. As
the nummber of the users increases in the last months, we find the follow
problems. we don't know whether they are already discussed in some standard
RFCs or in drafts or not. any suggestions will be greatly thankful.

    1. we found some of our users install PPPoE servers in there own PCs, this
makes trouble. you see, others may dial in those PPPoE servers, offer the uses'
username, password etc. for authentication...

    we wonder whether there is any mechanism for the PPPoE client to
authenticate the PPPoE server or not. we holp the mechanism is not base on the
server's MAC address.

    2. we also find it is important to bind a user's account with the user's
NIC's MAC address. we holp there is some implements can do this automatically.
is it the calling-station-id field for radius can contain the NIC's MAC address
in PPPoE dial in service?

    3. we offer users different accounts for different band. it really makes
our work difficult. we holp the users can use a SAME account for all different
band services they have subscribe. is it possible? if it does, what about the
billing system?

    and we also holp users can change their band without any time offline. is
it possible now? does the protocol of PPP specify some mechanism to do so? if
it does not, why not? it seems so important for the PPP to implement this,
because the PPP is so widely used in access service.

    thanks for any help.