Re: Jim Fleming, Microsoft and the american way to go...

2001-10-17 10:40:03

jimfleming> XP will allow all people to easily become an ISP. They
jimfleming> will not be subjected to the ICANN/ARIN scarce address
jimfleming> resource allocation policies.

Well, I'd had some technical concerns about XP but if Jim is for it, I
guess I'll have to do a more detailed look because there must be some
fundamental design flaw that makes it unusable.

jimfleming> You are of course also free to use Linux, FreeBSD, or even
jimfleming> your own operating systems and programming languages to
jimfleming> help build the Next Generation Internet.

Gee, would that be like the Star Trek Next Generation?

Can we skip ivp8 and just use the transporter for all our packets?

IPV8. It's dead, Jim.