Re: Documentation for 169.254?

2001-11-02 11:50:03
Are you refering to RFC 2563 (DHCP Option to Disable Stateless
Auto-Configuration in IPv4 Clients) or something else?  We are looking at
using this mechanism and if there are issues with it, I want to make sure I
understand them...

You should look at draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-04.txt. That
document has gone through IETF Last Call, but issues have been raised
that require further clarification.  If you have any further
questions, bring them up in the zeroconf WG:

     General Discussion:zeroconf(_at_)merit(_dot_)edu
     To Subscribe:      zeroconf-request(_at_)merit(_dot_)edu
         In Body:       subscribe zeroconf your_email_address
     Archive:           http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/zeroconf/

Thomas