RE: whois service

2001-11-11 20:10:02
Hi,

Thanks for the answer - that was what I expected it too be ;-(

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no]
Sent: 11. november 2001 09:40
To: Martin Djernaes; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: whois service

I believe this question has to be answered by ICANN, unfortunately.

In general, what a service provider for a subdomain has to
do is only
regulated by the agreement between that subdomain and his immediate
superior;
the IETF cannot regulate the root's arrangements with its
subdomains.

(we did try with "root server requirements" to make some
recommendations on
how to run the root - but that's all they are - recommendations....)

                               Harald

--On torsdag, november 08, 2001 14:45:12 -0800 Martin Djernaes