Re: SDL Demo and ITU CD Q&A

2001-12-08 10:00:02
In a sensible use of formal mechanisms, it serves 2 purposes:

- As a mechanism for specifying with reasonable precision at least
 parts of what has been agreed upon
- As a platform for tools that can catch silly mistakes before
 they get published in permanent form

They can neither serve as a substitute for clear thinking nor as a substitute for clear talking.

But I think they CAN help point out where we have made decisions that lead to real operational problems (fin-wait-2 anyone?) before these problems come up to hurt us.

                    Harald