Re: Blue Sheet Etiquette

2001-12-13 18:50:03

borderlt wrote:
    Is there anything official that can be done to someone who is
copying names off of a blue sheet?  Perhaps, get their name and
not allow them to register for future meetings?  Try to embarrass
them by publishing their name?  I have already decided that if
I ever see it happen again, I am going to just snatch the blue
sheet away from the person...

Easy - don't go to events where you don't want people to know.
The names are available. If you don't want your name on the
list of attendees - don't attend. I doubt they copied the
entire list. What horrible thing do you think they were
doing with your name or email address?  Is the fact they
knew your name offensive? Or do you think that spammers attend
the IETF meeting just to get email addresses? What's the issue?

-Doug