RE: comments on Friday scheduling, etc.

2002-01-19 18:50:01

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

    If we were to get people to travel into the meeting on
    Saturday and then start the meeting on Sunday, and end
    on Thursday late afternoon (i.e. no Friday meetings),
    then most of us will only have to be away for one weekend.

I have always believed this, too, but it turns out it's really only
optimal for those who come for all or at least most of the week.  When
I've suggested this in the past (years ago) I was told that the majority
of the attendees didn't come for the week, thus it's the wrong
optimization.  I don't know if this is still true.

On the other hand, it's also no longer optimal because now there are
other scheduling conflicts for Sunday....

Jim
--
galvin(_at_)acm(_dot_)org