Re: What is at stake?

2002-01-23 22:20:02
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:57:14 PST, Ari Ollikainen <Ari(_at_)OLTECO(_dot_)com>
said:
      Could you name the entity (and network) that you claim
      centrally controlled "the Internet" a decade ago?

I'm pretty sure that there was a total Bozo the Clown in charge of
"the Internet" at that time - I remember foolishness like one site that
announced a route for 127/8 which was actually believed by a lot of sites.

I'm sure if anybody clueful had been in charge, things like that would
not have happened.

      BTW, how accurate do you suppose the US Census Bureau data
      can be in regard to what homes/individuals have/do whatever,
      given that it collects its data every decade...?

Odd.  I just got a survey from them the other week.  They *do* run other
surveys than their big constitutionally-mandated one every decade, you know.

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer