Re: RFC2119 Keywords

2002-02-15 07:10:03
standard usage has been that one MUST write MUST in all upper case to get the magical meaning.

The reason MUST be that MUSTy old grammarians MAY think that one SHOULD not attach special meanings to words just because they MAY occur in places where they MUST occur in order to make the meaning apparent to a normal reader of English.

This is most apparent in the month of May.

               Harald