Re: Dynamic DNS at the 53rd IETF

2002-02-28 10:40:04
Many ISPs routinely use DHCP as an means to degrade their customers'
address stability, forcing them change addresses as often as once a day,
in order to prevent their customers from running certain kinds of
applications.

Yeah, and others do the same thing by, say, having their firewalls block
incoming connections to port 80.  That doesn't mean that firewalls
shouldn't exist.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|"I use emacs, which might be thought of as a thermonuclear word|
|processor." -- Neal Stephenson                                 |