Re: Dynamic DNS at the 53rd IETF

2002-02-28 08:10:03
I don't ever recall anybody bothering to ask application developers
whether
it was okay for DHCP servers (much less NATs) to break open connections.

This is a bit of a red herring--as actually implemented, most DHCP servers
provide leases long enough that your IP number doesn't change unless you
lose connectivity for a while, in which case the connection will usually
break anyway.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
|jstracke(_at_)incentivesystems(_dot_)com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|"You gotta learn to dance before you learn to crawl!" --|
|Meatloaf, "Everything Louder than Everything Else"      |