Vernon Schryver

2002-02-28 08:00:02
My name is Michael Allen Gelman. I am the inventor of the 3rd level domain redirector and a one-time submitter of a proposal to the IETF. (draft-gelman-phone2web-00.txt)

I feel it is important that I give you a 'heads up' on Vernon Schryver (vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com)

This individual has been harassing me and one of my clients, has placed out domains on a black list of spam organizations, and has threatened to publish a private email message I had sent to him.

Why, you ask? Merely because I sold a domain to an ISP who's customer sent an email that Vernon Schryver perceived to be spam.

Whether the sender of the email is a spammer is in question to begin with, but this man has published the ISP's domain and my domain on a list:
  http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/spammers.html

Neither ontheInter.net nor aschwebhosting.com are spammers. I don't believe that being on this list will injure me or my domain client, but I thought you should know about Vernon Schryver. This man is either a bully and a troublemaker or I caught him on his worst day.

I had explained to him that I resell domains to ISPs, and that's the extent of my involvement in what he called spam. His reply was a threat to publish my private email. I doubt he would list Network Solutions as a spammer, but it's easy to pick on a small company. Naturally, I don't ever spam.

Please bear this in mind if considering implementing any of his software. (http://www.rhyolite.com)

I would hate to see this individual be able to actually cause serious problems for innocent people, such as myself.

Have a great day!
 - Michael Allen Gelman

        Get the domain:  YourName.ontheInter.net for FREE
             Get the domain:  YourName.com only $19
                     http://ontheInter.net