Re: Unicode is so flawed that 7 or 8 bit encoding is not an issue

2002-03-21 06:40:02
Few will disagree (including me) that using Unicode to do localization
is
almost impossible without locale context.

Huh? No one said such a thing.

What is agreed is that, to use unicode, it must be supplied out of
band local context.

In that case, I disagree with "to use unicode, it must be supplied out of
band local context".

You only need out of band local context to use Unicode if you are doing
localization.

So, could you explain how the context is supplied with current IDN spec?

Internationalization as defined in POSIX, means making software location
neutral. Making a program specific to any particular language or culture or
codeset is known as localization.

I in IDN is Internationalization.

I am not aware there was a IETF wide last call on IDN yet.

To deny IDN, IESG can simply say "IDN is disbanded". There is no last
call necessaruy.

Ah of course IESG can. But sorry, you dont represent IESG.

I have found a theory to deny PKI and to explain why public key
cryptograpy is not so polular dispite the efforts of ISO, which will
destory entire business of a company or companies owing several
important TLDs.

Very interesting. Could you share the theory, or privately if you
prefer?

I will post it later if I have time.

Please do. Thanks.

-James Seng