Looking ahead to IETF 54

2002-03-21 12:40:03

As a frequent visitor to Japan, I am planning to put together some kind of
"guide" and put it on a web page somewhere, more on that later.

Meanwhile, please mark your calendar for:

1. Akihabara (electronics town) Geek Tour, Sunday July 14. On Sundays, the
"Main Drag" aka Chuo Dori is closed to cars and Akihabara will be full of
people shopping for the latest gadgets. Meet at entrance to Landmark
shopping center at 11am. We will return before 5pm in time for the welcome
reception.

2. Minato Mirai Hall Fisk Pipe Organ Demo. Monday, July 15, 6pm. Details
to follow.

http://www.city.yokohama.jp/me/mmhall/about/pipe-e.html

When you plan your travel, consider using Osaka (KIX) as you entry point
instead of Tokyo. If you do, you should stop in Kobe or Osaka and visit
the world's longest suspension bridge:

http://www.hsba.go.jp/bridge/e-akasi.htm

You'll also have easy access to Kyoto.

Then take the bullet train to Yokohama. Get a "Nozomi" if you can, they
are the fastest.

See you in Yokohama!

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen