Re: IETF 54 calendar

2002-05-26 11:13:40
Cedric,
as Julie said, we are not scheduling things into Friday before the other slots are full.

BUT - Yokohama will probably see one meeting that is, by definition, a conflict with just about EVERY working group: The meeting that will talk about the IETF procedures for intellectual property rights, including copyright issues and - most ominously - patent issues. This was mentioned at the IETF plenary in Minneapolis - a team has been working to bring this forward to fruition, but does not have all the work that we want to do before asking you to start hammering it out done yet.

This will likely have the properties that:

- Lots of people will be interested
- No matter what we schedule it against, there will be a conflict
- It is likely to be quite a long and heated debate

At the moment, the least damaging solution seems to be to schedule this group in the largest room we can find - and in the Friday timeslot.

So this means that people who have IPR issues they want to bring to the table had better be prepared to stay Friday; most others can leave if they want to.

What do people think?

                   Harald