Re: [idn] Re: CDNC Final Comments on Last call of IDN drafts

2002-06-08 17:15:34
At 04:43 PM 6/8/2002 -0500, Eric A. Hall wrote:
on 6/8/2002 4:00 PM Dave Crocker said the following:
> the process has continued beyond achieving adequate rough consensus,
> because the IETF has been heeding the concerns of a vocal minority of the
> community, where most of the concerns of that vocal minority concern
> technical issues that are outside of the scope of this working group.

If that were true we wouldn't be up to rev 9 of the core draft.

9 revisions is not unusual.

It is also demonstrably true that one can keep revising a spec forever. Some working groups are very good at it. On the other hand, they are not very good at shipping a spec and getting it used. It would be nice for the IDN effort not to suffer that fate.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave(_at_)tribalwise(_dot_)com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850