RE: postings to ietf mailing lists

2002-06-12 08:25:31
Juha,

This IS the recommendation according to the IESG statement for
spam-control, which could be considered "our policy":
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/mail-submit-policy.txt

I handle this by always adding (without delivery) "secondary
addresses" for subscribers, the first time I have to approve
their postings from that alternative address. At least all
lists hosted by ietf.org has the ability to subscribe with
disabled delivery, and anyone can subscribe an address and
set that option.

If a WG list do not follow the IESG guidance for mail list
spam control, you should first contact the chair(s) of that WG.

Cheers,
/Lars-Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: jh(_at_)lohi(_dot_)eng(_dot_)song(_dot_)fi
[mailto:jh(_at_)lohi(_dot_)eng(_dot_)song(_dot_)fi]
Sent: den 12 juni 2002 14:31
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

i have noticed that some ietf working groups don't anymore allow
postings except from addresses that have subscribed to the list.  this
not good unless there is a way to register another email address from
which postings are allowed.  the reason is that many people don't want
to get any mailing list traffic to their personal mail boxes and
therefore have subscribed an alias rather than their own
personal email
address.

could it be made a policy of ietf mailing lists to include
support for a
posting address that is not the same as subscription address?  some
mailing lists already do this, but not all.

-- juha