Re: Global PKI on DNS?

2002-06-13 15:02:25
At 2:15 PM -0400 6/13/02, Stephen Kent wrote:

[snip]... [snip]... [snip]... [snip]... [snip]... [snip]... [snip]... [snip]...

You are the one who keeps saying that trust is transitive. I'm the one saying that it's not, and that a DNS-based PKI does not imply transitive trust.

<rest of message deleted, since it didn't say anything new, constructive, or generally relevant to the topic ...

Steve

I am simply astounded. Where in my texts have I said that trust is ever transitive.

I asked on for an explanation of why some in this list think trust is transitive. And I cited the only instance I can think of where it might be transitive by mutual agreement between a SPY and her handler! But this is not to be construed as my "saying that trust is transitive."

If you can find he message and the text where I state that trust is transitive. please return the message to me so I can compare it with the copy of it that I kept in my outgoing mail folder.

For clarity, I will now more simply restate my QUESTION:

Explain for me (and others here) how trust is ever transitive!

That is what I am really driving at.  I don't think you can prove it.

Cheers...\Stef