Re: IPR and I-D boilerplate

2002-06-30 11:10:02
g'day,

John C Klensin wrote:
. . .
Please, folks, I am _not_ trying to restart the discussion of
"archival" I-Ds.  Personally, I remain opposed to the idea, and
I believe that they should be treated as drafts and discarded.
If they result in an RFC, then the RFC should stand on its own.
Nor do I think that there is any quick fix to the patent
situation, least of all anything like this.

Well, without repeating the entire thread yet again there were pretty
categoric statements made during the last iteration of this thread that
a Drafts archive *was* going up "soon". Has this idea been shelved,
canceled, delayed or absorbed by the event horizon surrounding the
infinitely dense Black Hole that is the intellectual property mess? ;-)

And if we're going to state our own opinions in an aside, I personally
believe that such an archive would be invaluable. "He who fogets history
is doomed to repeat it" and all that....

                        - peterd

    Peter Deutsch                       pdeutsch(_at_)gydig(_dot_)com
    Gydig Software

   That's it for now. Remember to read chapter 11 on the
   implications of quantum mechanic theory for time travel
   and be prepared to have been here last week to discuss.