RE: Last Call: SMTP Service Extension for Content Negotiation to Proposed Standard

2002-07-08 07:24:32
At 09:24 +1000 on 07/05/2002, Gerry Sancataldo wrote about RE: Last
Call: SMTP Service Extension for Content Negot:

I am currently surveying a number of sites (Australian) that are
currently using Internet Fax and preliminary data indicates that
over 98% of traffic is to a single recipient.

While not attempting to attack your methodology, limiting the
"universe" to those using Internet Fax raises in my mind the
possibility/probability of getting an inaccurate view due to a number
of considerations.

As to your comment about "Pre Build Broadcast Lists" (which I did not
quote), again you are restricting your universe. I've seen some types
of broadcasts (such as some implementations of Fax-On-Demand) where
the response is delayed for "Batch Processing." In that case the
Broadcast list (none of whose numbers are known to the sender prior
to the request) is dynamically build based on the requests and then
sorted to group all the Faxes to the same Phone Number into one
transmission (to make maximum usage of the connection) which only
occurs on a scheduled basis.