802.11b access in Tokyo and Kyoto with IP mobility

2002-07-12 01:44:25
Dear IETF participants;

MIS (Mobile Internet Services, Inc., http://www.miserv.net (in English,
http://www.miserv.net/miserv-new/english_new/) and Miako Net Project
(http://www.miako.net) are pleased to announce to jointly offer IETF
participants free Mobile IPv4 access with 802.11b wireless LAN in
Tokyo with more than 200 base stations and Kyoto with more than 100
base stations (sorry, none in Yokohama).

A clickable map for the service areas in Tokyo is located at:

        http://www.miserv.net/miserv-new/renew/service/serv03area.html

A map for the service areas in Kyoto is located at:

        http://www.sccj.com/miako/area.files/miako_map_v5.01.png

With mobile IP, you can move from one access point to another without
losing the connection, of course.

I will deliver those of you who are interested in our service account
information valid in July, 2002.

However, MIS considers it essential social responsibility of wireless
ISPs to cryptographically secure communication between our access points
and terminals of identified users.

So, MIS users are required to

        1) download and install software for cryptographically secure
        communication with packet-wise MD5/AES protection

        2) identify yourself to MIS/Miako

For the identification, contact me or some other person of MIS or Miako
Project personally with proper identification (e.g. IETF badge). On
Sunday, I'll be in a terminal room between 16:00 and 17:00 and reception
between 17:00~18:00. Or, I can mail the account information by e-mail
to authorized mail addresses, if you can fill the attached application
form.

The authorized mail addresses are mail addresses identity of which is
reliably recognized. All the mail addresses appears in some RFC or
unexpired Internet Draft are considered authorized. You can suggest me
other ways to authorize mail addresses (no, I'm not using PGP).

We are happy to issue multiple account for a single application, if
the applicant is responsible for the use of all the account.

Driver software for UNIX (NetBSD 1.5.2 (not tested), NetBSD 1.5ZA20020115,
FreeBSD 4.4R (not tested a lot)) can be found at:

        ftp://chacha.hpcl.titech.ac.jp/misclient-20020705.tar.gz

Driver software for Windows 2000/XP can be found at:

        http://www.miserv.net/miserv-new/english_new/driver/driver.html

or

        ftp://chacha.hpcl.titech.ac.jp/Genuine208_2KXP_E.exe

The driver should work with most PCMCIA WLAN cards (but not with WLAN
interface internal to PCs). A official list of cards, applicability
of which is verified, is available at:

        http://www.miserv.net/miserv-new/renew/service/setup/setup1.html

Enjoy.

                                                        Masataka Ohta

--
Application Form for MIS/Miako Account
(mailto:mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp)

Name:

Home (not IP but Postal) Address:

Country:

Email (optional):

Number of Accounts You can be Responsible for (default: 1):

Authorized Mail Address:

Name and page # of an RFC or an Internet Draft where the Authorized Mail
Address can be found:

Comments or Special Requirements: