Re: (ietf54-noc 1798) why we had wireless problems at IETF

2002-07-18 06:34:38
Atsushi Onoe wrote:

We should expect AP vender to update their software to handle
IETF meeting and other such congested wireless terminal environment,
if any...
I suppose it's possible that there are no other environments as congested as the IETF...but the 802.11x vendors need to hope that there will be. It might be possible to get them to treat the IETF as an opportunity to stress-test their access points. For Atlanta, the host is Nokia, which sells an access point (<http://www.nokia.com/corporate/wlan/point_a032.html>); maybe the organizers could talk to their engineers and get debugging models. Better to do it with the IETF, which is capable of understanding why debugging is hard, than with a flash crowd at Starbucks. :-)

--
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |