Re[2]: Unified RFC Protocol...

TJH> Well, the Unified RFC Protocol can be used for RPCs, but that is a fairly
TJH> limited view of it (perhaps you misread 'rfc' as 'rpc'?).

  There is no any misreading. I really mean RPC, since I interpret it
  as the protocol of dialogue between Client and Server, i.e. sequence
  of inquiry and answer. Besides, USP supports some more then dialog.
  Events, it is packets, generated by server without client's inquiry.
  Events are notifying clients about status/mode/data changing.
  USP allows packing and transferring any information as well. But it
  describes not only the format of RCP; USP also regulates the unified
  format of data representation. Thus application can unpack and
  represent answers of any USP-based protocol to the user or store
  them to object-oriented database. This format of data representation
  is readable (it is similar XML but short-spoken). It is possible to
  describe any objects and data with its help. The unification of data
  representation is another degree of unification and protocol's
  integration than unification of call/response only. Besides one USP
  server can share some affiliated protocols and the client can switch
  between those sub-protocols as between interfaces. In this case
  saying "interface", I mean set of functions.

--
Best regards,
 Timur