Re: Why Spam is a problem

2002-08-14 12:29:28

----- Original Message -----
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry(_at_)piermont(_dot_)com>
To: "Bill Cunningham" <billcu(_at_)CITYNET(_dot_)NET>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: Why Spam is a problem

"Bill Cunningham" <billcu(_at_)citynet(_dot_)net> writes:
I'm no fan of spam but we all get snail mail ads don't we?

I'll repeat my calculation. I'm receiving at least 55,000 spams a year
at the rate they are arriving this month. I'm using automation to nuke
most of them, but if I did not, at three seconds each that's over a
work week every year devoted to killing that mail --

Is an annualized rate of 55,000 spams a year, sustainable for a year? If you
know statistics figure 1-3 standard deviations for that monthly average.