Re: Palladium (TCP/MS)

2002-10-22 01:19:03
Christian Huitema wrote:

Your fears appear to be based more on emotions than facts. To the best of my knowledge, the TCP/IP stack that ships in Windows conforms to the IETF standards and interoperates with the stacks that ship on other platforms -- it is certainly meant to. Several Microsoft employees participate to the IETF, volunteering a sizable amount of their time. Microsoft itself has a history of working with the IETF, including providing financial support to the RFC editor through ISOC.

Christian, most of this note sounds like an apology of the form "Microsoft is Okay because we give to charity", not because they do the right thing. If Microsoft is doing development on enhancements to the stack, this organization has good reason not to trust the results, based on past experience (i.e., Kerberos).

Eliot