FC: FDA permits use of implantable ID chips in humans (fwd)

2002-10-23 08:37:48

inventory time - will those chips be ipv6 enabled?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:25:11 -0400
From: Declan McCullagh <declan(_at_)well(_dot_)com>
To: politech(_at_)politechbot(_dot_)com
Subject: FC: FDA permits use of implantable ID chips in humans

[There are two obvious questions: Should federal bureaucrats forcibly
prevent a company from selling implantable chips of this sort? And would it
be desirable for society to adopt these chips? I think the answer to the
first is "no," and the answer to the second is also "no." I would not stop
by government force or intervention people from using such implants, but it
is reasonable to be concerned about what might happen with widescale
adoption and speak out against it. Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03135.html  --Declan]

---