Re: Introducing the ID tracker

2002-11-06 03:55:23
    Date:        Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:44:11 -0500
    From:        Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>

  | For the last year or so, the secretariat has been working on a tool to help
  | us keep track of what documents are on our plate, what state they are in
  | and who is responsible for them; we call it the "ID tracker".

  | The tool and its documentation is found at
  |
  | https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

This looks fairly nice.   I'd like to see a bit more informative information
in the "details" but this stuff is much better than existed before.

(Meaningless query: Is there a reason for https:// when nothing there looks
to actually be secured?)

And a request - could the system be extended, sometime, so that it could
send e-mail to the working group, where there is one, or the (first) author
in other cases, when a doc changes state?

That would avoid the need for continually polling the web page every day
to find out if anything has happened.

kre