Re: Does anyone use message/external-body?

2002-11-15 14:45:17
On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 14:17, Eric A. Hall wrote:
    As to the larger question, I'm opposed to replacing the external links
    with URLs. There are just as many known problems with rendering long URLs
    as there are with message/external-body entities (eg, your example folded
    and became unusable in Mozilla).

But you can put URLs into message/external-body (see RFC-2017).  This
would be easy for receiving MUAs to implement, since most have access to
a browser one way or another; and it would be easier for users to work
with, since people are accustomed to URLs by this point.  Some MUAs
already let you drag a link from a browser, or specify an attachment by
URL; adding the option to send it as a message/external-body instead of
inline would be a very small extra for users to learn.

--
|John Stracke          | http://www.centivinc.com |HTML OK       |