Re: axfr-clarify on the move again

2002-11-20 02:25:50
Daniel Senie writes:
Working group sessions are places to accelerate discussion and try to
reach consensus on ideas which should then be brought back to the
mailing list to ensure the wider audience has the opportunity to
participate. [RFC 2418, Section 3.2]

Are you suggesting that the broader WG, in mailing-list discussions,
overturned the consensus achieved at the meeting? When, pray tell, did
that happen? Here's the timeline:

   * July: Consensus against axfr-clarify---``too BIND-specific.''
   * August: One message from Randy Bush.
   * November: The DNSEXT chairs declare consensus for axfr-clarify.

As far as I can see, that's it. There were no other public discussions.
The DNSEXT chairs' declaration of consensus was fraudulent.

---D. J. Bernstein, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics,
Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago

P.S. Randy Bush has been discarding my messages to namedroppers again.
See http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/namedroppers.html for previous incidents.
It's outrageous that standardization activities are being carried out on
a censored mailing list.