Re: Restatement of my proposal from last night's plenary

2002-11-22 07:35:48
Dave Crocker wrote:
If folks
have not yet read draft-huston-ietf-pact-00, they should read it now.

If you think that mechanistic rules will improve quality, then yes,
do read it.

A remark I wanted to make last night is that a fair number of the
phenomena that people don't like (such as noticing a problem late)
are pretty much inevitable and in the "deal with it" class. Mechanistic
rules won't help. A less complicated world would help, but that option
isn't avaialable.

I do strongly agree on the need for delegation, but that delegates
responsibility and liability, not just the fun of reading 2000
pages of drafts. So it's easily said, but not easily done.

    Brian